8.20.2008

Fay

Joe and I left for Florida on Monday. We were debating due to Tropical Storm Fay...and we should have stayed home!!! It is absolutely insane here. Monday was gorgeous. I walked the beach, played in the ocean, slept in the sand, jumped in the pool, hung out with old men in the hot tub and then Joe and I went to get sushi. It was a great day. Then the storm came. Yesterday, it didn't rain but was overcast. We did some shopping and driving around. It was pretty relaxing. Well, now the storm is here and isn't suppose to leave for another few days. It is "hovering" over us. Just frickin' great. It is lingering and just won't leave.

So this morning I called the airline, rebooked our flights for a hefty some of money and we are coming home tomorrow! Yippee. We could have came home today, but there was only 30 minutes between the flights and with our luck this trip I wasn't going to risk it. The last thing I wanted was to be stuck in Orlando over night.

While all this is happening, I also have a horrible cold. I have the coughing, sneezing and head cold. My legs are also going numb, but I think that might be from sitting in the condo. If anyone knows Joe and I, neither of us can sit still. I am always either working, checking email, cleaning, working out, doing SOMETHING. So being stuck here is crazy for me. Joe is doing better but that is because he is sleeping. He loves to sleep and that is what he does when he is bored.

It is official though. No Caribbean honeymoon for us. It will be hurricane season plus I think it might be too dull for us. I want Hawaii and Joe wants Colorado. Either way...as long as there is some mountains to hike, a spa and a swimming pool, I will be happy. Of course, if there are no "squalls." (They keep talking about the squalls down here...BLAHHHH to squalls!)

We haven't told our parents we are coming home. We are surprising them all.

Enzo...Mommy and Daddy are coming home!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I was wondering how Joe and you were doing. Monday and Tuesday sounded like a vacation now it just sounds miserable. Safe travels home!