11.04.2008

Today's The Day

Election Night is my favorite night of the year. But this year, it is even more exciting for obvious reasons. It's actually one of the first years that I am not working or doing something on Election Day. I love working the polls or volunteering for individuals that run for office. This year I had to choose work over passion...but work has been pretty exciting too. :)

I woke up early and voted and have been in the office for about an hour. Did you know that if you get to your polling place a little before 6am, they are required to come out and yell three times "Here ye! Here ye! Your polling place is now open." Joey and I tried to wake up for it this morning...but we slept in. I love that we get to vote! I have never missed a vote...even in the primaries...even when I was down at college. I LOVE TODAY. I have a full day of meetings and then will head home where Joey will be waiting to watch lots of news with me. Too bad he has to work at the bar tonight but it is the busiest night of the week. I told him he should have a special for Jager-Bamas (Jagerbombs)and Mc-Jitos (Mojitos).

I'm super anxious to see how everything goes. Of course, I have a preference, but I feel that both candidates are better than what we got. Sorry to the 15% of Americans that are offended by that.

Is it weird that I am nervous for the election to be over and to have a new president? Not sure if I am nervous because I love the campaign or because who ever our president is will truly have his work cut out for him.

No comments: