6.05.2009

Weekend Update

My favorite part of SNL is the Weekend Update and I love it when they do the Really? skit. I thought I would start my Friday off with it.

Really? Really the state of Pennsylvania is going to investigate the Gosselins? Really? How many children probably really need the attention of the state of Pennsylvania, but no...they are spending time and money on children that probably have trusts in their name, college funds started, bank accounts and have food and extras on the table every day.

Really? My wedding is 1 month, 2 weeks, 6 days, and 4 hours away! REALLY!

Really? People are really worried about flying after a plane crashed in the ocean. Not sure if this fact is a bit of an exaggeration...but it will prove my point...there would have to be a 200 passenger airliner crashing every day for the whole year to kill as many people that we do on our roads every year, so yeah flying is safer as you are most likely to get killed on the way to the airport. Really.

Back to the Gosselins...REALLY? We really care? I know that they do the show, so it's their own fault and she is snappy and he seems unambitious...but why do we care so much???? Did everyone really expect that their lives would be more perfect than any of ours. It's life! It's crazy and not easy and every relationship is different. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put Angelina back on the cover of all the gossip magazines. Angelina is hot. Really, really hot.

Did I really have a 23 year-old drunk boy tell me that I was "unclassy" last night? Yes!!! Just because a 30 year-old with her boobs and legs covered up is drinking a sprite at the bar instead of slutting around drunk in a mini skirt with her red bull and vodka does not make her "unclassy." He then told me that my husband must be an ass for not standing and kissing on me and "letting me out" alone. This is when I probably could have stopped and told him that my husband owns the bar, is about 10 feet away from me and he occasionally let's me out of my cage, but only if have been on my best behavior at home. I didn't and instead let him stomp off in disgust after talking with the most unclassy girl in the bar...never mind the spandex stir-up pants, the tramp stamps, Victoria Secret thongs showing and the girls licking each other on the dance floor. REALLY! They were really licking each other.

Really, why do I care about a 23 year-old?

1 comment:

Jess said...

Isn't it fantastic to be 30? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 30s. I no longer care about the 23 year olds and actually thank God that I lived through my 20s with as much class as I did. So Rock On, Classy Lady!!
Love ya!!