1.07.2007

Aunt Carol

This weekend I was in Indianapolis. It was bittersweet because we were there for my Aunt Carol's funeral, but I was able to see my cousins, aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in years! Aunt Carol was so much fun and LOVED our family. It was no surprise that she brought so many of us together this weekend. I know that she was looking down on all of us loving that we were all celebrating and reminiscing at her home.

While driving home by myself on Sunday, all I kept thinking about was how blessed I am to have such a great family. It is so important for me to stay in touch with them. Aunt Carol was great at preserving history. Of all her wonderful traits, if there are any that I have inherited, I hope it is her wonderful knack of documenting the past. Everything from her "hand-me down" furniture and photos to her grandchildren's memories are priceless. I am lucky to have had such a wonderful aunt to keep everything in such great shape.

I have so much family that I can talk and tell you about, but my cousin Jani is AWESOME. She is my mom's first cousin and even though I don't see her very often, I know that I could tell her absolutely anything and everything. If I called her right now crying, she would make me feel better. If I told her I needed to get away for a week, I could go stay with her and she would take care of me...never mind the fact that I am 27 and should just take care of myself! Anyway, she has the most beautiful family. Maricarol, Marcia, Matt and Maggie are just stunning. I can't forget to mention the help Jani had creating them with her husband John. Here is a picture of their family below that we took in front of my Aunt Carol's house. I know all of us wish we had more time with Aunt Carol, but she is exactly where she wants to be...with my Uncle Kenny (otherwise known as Papa.)

No comments: