2.15.2008

Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington SUCKS

Here is the review I have posted on every hotel site I could find about the Hilton Garden Inn - Bloomington. Who the heck has a 55 day cancellation policy? I think they have shut themselves out of world because that is just unrealistic and ridiculous. What makes it even worse for the Hilton Garden Inn is that my friend has a reservation there but she has until tomorrow at 6 to cancel...so we will probably just swap reservations, but now I am angry and word of mouth is the worse.

My review...

We unexpectedly needed to cancel our trip. I was expecting to pay a deposit since it was less than 48 hours, but NO...we had to pay in full since I didn't cancel 55 days ago!!!!!!! 55 days! That is unreasonable.

So did I stay there...No. But did I pay...Yes. therefore I think it is just fine that I write a review about my disappointment in this hotel. I know there was a waiting list for this hotel, so they would get the money anyway...probably for even more than what I paid.

Beware...don't make a reservation here unless you can plan the future.

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

That is so stupid! Anyways,haha yeah I think I got like 10 people that emailed me that read my blog! Wooo hooo for 10! haha! But, coffee would work too! Or BEER next Friday night at Corby's! I'll be there! Can't wait! I think you guys will really like The August!

The Van Fleit Family said...

Hey Carisse I started my own blog...check out my site at jcbf@blogspot.com.....The Van Fleit Family:)