1.14.2009

Enzo Update


Well, I got an email from my friend Libby today about the blog...which gave me hope...someone does read it...so maybe I should work harder to post.  I also know that I have about 5 other crazy friends that actually like to pay attention to my boring life like I pay attention to their fun lives!!!

Anyway, I thought I would post a picture of Enzo that I found before the snow.  I can't believe how big he has gotten.  Joey and I just love him dearly and his 1st birthday is February 16th. There WILL be a party and a big post because he is my baby.  (Seriously...I need babies, but this held me off until after the wedding. :) )  We are addicted to ALL dog shows.  Of course, Cesar is our favorite and we believe everything he says...but we love Dogtown, It's Me or the Dog and Dogs 101.  

Joey and I talk about this all the time, but we would have never "picked" out Enzo.  He is a siberian husky, he sheds, he is super high-energy and I don't think we will ever have him trained to be off the leash in open places...BUT we needed him.  He is so frickin' awesome.  Because of him we have learned about dogs and puppy training, bought a super cool vacuum, bought bikes to take him for long runs, go snow-mobiling with him, and LOVE date nights at home with him.  

Saturday mornings are by far my favorite day of the week.  I wake up about 3 hours before Joey (he works late, you know), make coffee, pick up the house and chill with Enzo.  Of course, it is way more fun in the summer, when we can go outside and do stuff together.   In the winter, I wait until Joey gets up to take him for a run.  And when he is super stir crazy...we take him to Grandma's to play with Lily or across the street to play with Izzy.  

Even in this weather, Joey takes him for runs. They are ghetto runs because he holds the leash out of the window of the car.  Enzo runs about 20 miles per hour!  Of course, as a mom, I am super worried we will run him over, but he is careful, the neighbors think we are super weird, and Joey has instructed me to NEVER EVER try it myself. :) I definitely need to make a video and post it. 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting patiently for video of a ghetto run. The world needs to see this!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the laugh. I can totally see Joe doing this. :)

Jess said...

Love it...Maggie had the same "ghetto" walk a few times this week, only we don't have to use a leash. We drive beside her in the car while she walks up and down a field and she is the one looking at us like we are super weird! Gotta love the puppies (and even at 7 she will always be my puppy)!!!

Anonymous said...

hurry and video it! Let me know what I get can for Enzo's first birthday! You only turn 1 once! -Farmer