2.04.2009

The Life of Joey's Girl is really random...

I keep thinking of more and more random things that I can share with my friends. It's funny because so many of you already know these things about me and are enjoying the reminders. I have seriously been addicted to everyone's random 25 on Facebook. I don't know why, but I love it. It just really seems so honest. I think it is crazy how open people are...this coming from someone who has a blog posted to the world. Do you know that I have someone in Germany that follows my blog? Hello, Germany! I brought up the "random 25" to Joey and he looked at me like I was crazy because he had no idea what I was talking about. After I explained it, I think he then started to understand what all his Facebook notifications have been the past couple weeks. He's such a beginner.

Anyway...here are more.

29. I write my emails in lists and bullet points. I just think that they are easier to read. Sometimes I get these super long emails at work and I think to myself...could they have just highlighted the point? I definitely don't expect people to email in lists and bullet points...not necessary, but if it takes a novel to write an email...then let's talk. I actually have two times designated during my work day to walk around and talk to people. I can get more decisions made and stay more in tune with my projects in those times than just sitting at my desk talking to people through email. I probably eliminate a lot of emails by walking around visiting people.

30. I keep a hand rosary at my desk. It seriously comes in handy when you have anxiety like me. I do count and have some breathing things that I do, but seriously...the most relaxing thing for me is to pray. And as I think about it...I don't even pray for the anxiety to go away...I just start thinking about all the things I am grateful for and before you know it...I'm good. I'm pretty open to all faiths and find that as a faithful Catholic, I don't necessarily migrate to Catholics...but to those that are faithful. For example, some of my best friends from college are Jewish, but even though we believe in different things, we gravitate towards each other. We relate when it comes to tradition and family. My Italian Grandma's best friend is Jewish. Best Friend Jeanette and Grandma Angie always saw that Italian-Catholics and Jewish people make the best of friends...I think that is just because they are. :)

No comments: