4.17.2009

Totally Digging Some of These Quotes

Dorothy Parker (1893-1967) was a writer and critic for such magazines as Vogue, Vanity Fair, and the New Yorker. She also wrote a number of screenplays, poetry, and short fiction. A founder of the Algonquin Round Table, Dorothy Parker was known for her pointed verbal wit and satire, often focused on the life of middle class young women, newly "liberated" from Victorian restrictions. (from About.com)

  • I'm never going to be famous. I don't do anything, not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.
  • I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true.
  • Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words.
  • Women and elephants never forget.
  • I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound -- if I can remember any of the damn things.
  • A girl's best friend is her mutter.
  • Take care of luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.
  • Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.
  • If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
  • The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
  • The best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant -- and let the air out of the tires.
  • That woman speaks eighteen languages, and can't say No in any of them.
  • I like to have a martini,Two at the very most.After three I'm under the table,after four I'm under my host.
  • Ducking for apples -- change one letter and it's the story of my life.

No comments: